Prof. S.L Kela, view details
Director, Academic Planning
The Academic Planning Unit, Federal University Kashere was established in September, 2012 and is headed by a Director.
To provide a plan that will have adequate facilities and manpower to produce well trained and functional graduates for global service.
To serve as a centre for accurate data reservoir on academic programmes, students and staff for effective decision making.
The objectives of the Academic Planning Unit includes among others:
- To ensure quality in all the degree programmes of the different academic units through regular cross-check with national standards.
- Also to collate, analyse, and interpret both the incoming data to the University and those within the different units of the university;
- To pass the information in an advisory manner to the management. It is envisaged that this will eventually guide the management in taking sound decisions that ensure maintenance of high standards.
- To make projections and advise the University Management on areas of major concern and vigilance.
- To organize the drafting and review of the University academic brief.
- To publish University records, statistics, research reports, University System Annual Review Meeting (USARM) reports.
- To ensure continuous review of curricula for the different degree programmes to accommodate new changes.
The unit will be upgraded to a directorate status and has provision for professional academic plans on its staff list.