Dean Student Affairs, View Details ates to
The Student Affairs Division is charged with the responsibility of ensuring the overall welfare of students on the campus from the point of registration to graduation. The division is saddled to provide adequate support services and facilities to ensure that students graduate with critical life skills for useful life to self and society. In order to enhance its academic mission, the Division liaises with other Units and departments to create a supportive and challenging environment that provides opportunities for student learning, engagement and success. Through the provision of appropriate support services; high quality programs and facilities, the Division promotes student development and lifelong discovery; celebrates differences; and promotes global citizenship.
The Division provides a broad range of support services, activities, and programs that seek to:
• Assist students in developing respect and appreciation for individual differences, interpersonal civility, and human rights.
• Accommodate the diverse needs of all students.
• Support a community environment that is welcoming, safe, and secure.
• Provide the means for students to become active participants and leaders in their own learning.
• Assist students in developing logical thought processes and sound decision-making skills.
In addition, the Division seeks to contribute to the development of the whole individual by fostering in each student a deeper appreciation of the importance of life-long learning, individual responsibility, and human diversity. Through collaboration, the division provides programs and services that are grounded in theory, assessment and sound practice.
The mission of the Office of the Dean of Students is to engage and support students throughout their learning experience by providing co-curricular programs and services.
The Division is poised to create a vibrant and diverse campus community in which all students are engaged, valued, challenged, and provided a platform to achieve their full potential as members of the FUK community and global citizens.